Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: Trevi Fountain

Sunday 2 October 2011

Trevi Fountain

The exuberant Trevi fountain burst out in front of us, sculptures extremely realistic. Neptune held the pristine position at the centre of the fountain, flanked by two horses led by tritons. Above Neptune, two beautiful goddesses, Abundance and Health, held positions in little alcoves. The whole fountain was on jagged rocks, which really gave the characters imposing positions. Water spurted out from every direction, nearly overflowing the barriers of the fountain. It really was a beautiful sight.

Tradition held that if you threw a coin from your right hand, over your left shoulder, into the fountain, that you would come back to Rome. I threw three coins. All the coins collected in the fountain would be donated to the Red Cross, so I was doing good too. It felt so good, with some water spraying onto the back of my neck, making my hair rise, while knowing that someday I was going to come back to Rome! I really did like Rome. The atmosphere was so nice. Calm, relaxed, bubbly and yet it had a tinge of historic tension. I loved it.

The tour group was starting to move away and I ran along to join them. The Trevi fountain was really very beautiful. The emotion on the sculptures faces, the sound of the rushing water, everything. It was something that made me want to come back to this amazing artwork. I promised myself that I would.

The Trevi, although the most famous, was one of many fountains in Rome. There were also fountains such as the Four Rivers fountain in Navona square, featured in the movie Angels and Demons, the Tritone fountain in Barberini square, Fountain of the Barccacia in Piazza del Spagna, and many, many others.

Fountains decorated Rome in such a beautiful way. It truly was spectacular. Ahh, yes, this was Rome.


Trevi Fountain




Throwing coins into Trevi



We went back to Trevi a second time...It's just so. beautiful...



Fountain of Four Rivers, as featured in 'Angels & Demons'



I wish my whole body could go in the water...



Fountain of the Barccacia piazza del Spagna



Fountain in Piazza Novana






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. yeah, threw one coin for me, maybe 1 day i will be there too... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there and through a coin in. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete