Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: The Ocean Calls

Thursday 25 August 2011

The Ocean Calls

I dived off the boat and felt the cool water hit my skin. I swam out, away from the boat, and saw movement in the still, azure water. The next moment, I saw three dorsal fins rise up  and they were coming towards me. And then, I saw the three of them perfectly. The three dolphins jumped up out of the water and started leaping through the air. It was the most beautiful and captivating thing I'd ever seen in my life. The dolphins disappeared under the water again. I wondered where they had gone. Then I felt something rubbery push my hand. I closed my hand around it, and then I was sailing through the sea with the dolphins.


"Excuse me?" the air hostee's silky voice woke me up from my dream. " Would you like to have your meal?" My eyes were still blurry and I was feeling groggy. "Yes, thanks."  I mumbled incoherently. I looked at my watch. It had been eight hours. Six to go. It hadn't felt like eight hours. I then realized that my watch was on Aussie time, not Malaysian time. So, eight hours to go before we land in Paris.  I pulled the table out and the beautiful, immaculate looking hostee placed a tray on it. Robotically, I started munching away at what should have been breakfast, but instead I get Chicken Cordon Bleu. It was actually quite good. Well, good for plane food. 


After I had finished my breakfast and the hostee cleared my table, I started reading on my iPad. It was a book called Linger, by Maggie Steifvater. It was about a werewolf who falls in love with a human, and the werewolf wants to become fully human. The book is able to make me feel all the emotions that the characters felt. It was really good. I started to get tired again after reading for  a while, so I decided to have a sleep. I reclined my chair fully into a flat bed, and settled back into the capsule.  I began to doze off, and I began where my dream left off. 

4 comments:

  1. Remember to show lots and lots and lots of picture! Enjoy your holiday babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Lucky your in a class higher than economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trin I also made a blog. The web address is www.allthings-soph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trin please join my blog and comment

    ReplyDelete