Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: It all starts.

Saturday 27 August 2011

It all starts.

I was finally in Paris. We had stepped off the plane and caught a taxi to our hotel. The hotel was off the famous Champs Elysées. We  couldn't check in this early  so we dropped our bags at the hotel and went off to explore.


We decided that we wanted breakfast.  We walked up to the café and the waiter found us a table. I looked at the menu.  There was so much good food here!  Not that it surprised me all that much.  It was France after all. I finally decided on crepes with Nutella. I'd never had crepes before, but they looked absolutely divine. I ordered, and in no less than ten minutes, my families orders arrived. I spread the Nutella over my crepes and cut into it. I lifted the fork to my mouth and bit the crepe. Sweet, buttery and delicious. It was just heavenly! I savored the dish for as long as I could. It didn't last very long. Ten minutes and I had finished it. It was officially the best breakfast of my life.


After breakfast, we decided to walk the Champs Elysées. We stopped at different spots of Champs Elysées to take pictures.


The Champs Elysées was a very long and very beautiful road. There was lots of shopping to do too. There was a Louis Vuitton where we spent almost an hour in there shopping.  There was an Adidas store where I did many physical fitness assessments by their high tech computerized equipments.  There was Solaris where I bought a pair of sunglasses. Big, bright, and just very Parisian. There was also the Disney Store. There were just lots and lots of nice stores. The scenery was also very beautiful. I liked it a lot.


We reached the Arc de Triomphe. It was huge and majestic. It was ornately carved with many statues. We climbed to the top and took lots of pictures. After we had finished there, we started heading to the Eiffel Tower, the icon of Paris.


Just before the Eiffel tower was the Palais de Chaillot. We watched a busking show where a group of French men were breakdancing. It was really cool. There were flips and spins, and perfect synchronization. They were very good.


The word that came into my head when I saw the Eiffel tower was 'magnificent', even though I'd been there once before. It truly was. We headed towards it, bought our tickets and started the climb. There were lots and lots of steps, but I never got tired. Maybe it was the exhilaration of being in Paris. We reached the first level and took lots of pictures, read the signs and began the climb to the second floor. The second floor was even more amazing than the first. The view was breathtaking. We took even more pictures. I didn't actually think that that actually could've been possible. It was.


When we reached the top floor by elevator, well, I was flabbergasted. The whole of Paris was in view. I was lost for words. It was spectacular, although I  had seen it before. It was almost as if it was more beautiful this time. The look on my parents' faces told me that they felt the same way. It truly was a sight to be seen.


When we had finished with the Eiffel tower, we went on a cruise River Seine. We saw many sights and highlights of Paris. The Notré Dame, the Louvre, the bridges, the Musée d'Orsay just to name a few. I enjoyed it very much.


As we walked back to the hotel, we stopped at the Place de la Concorde. I was awed at the grandness of it. It was made up of two absolutely gorgeous fountain with intricate statues, and in between the two fountains was an obelisk, with delicate Egyptian carvings. The fountains had a beige encasing, and a majestic, green centerpiece rose out boldly from the centre.


Sitting on the centrepiece were nine statues. I think that one was Neptune, but I can't be sure. Also, around the beige encasing were four mermaids that spurted water gracefully into the centrepiece. I loved it. The obelisk also was very magnificent. It was beige with carvings on it, but the top was a gold that glinted brightly in the sun. Truly amazing.


Finally, we had finished, and the day was coming to a close. We walked to the hotel and checked in.  We settled into our room, and let the day end.



 Place De La Concorde 


 Paris Eiffel Tower

Arc De Triomphe

3 comments:

  1. lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky you! :) My fridge magnet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you got to get a picture at the Eiffel Tower. I'm jealous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember get A picture of the Eiffel Tower for Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trinity If you search www.cornerlatrin.blogspot.com on google Images. It comes up with some of the pictures you have on your blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete