Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: Charming Chianti

Friday 16 September 2011

Charming Chianti

Chianti is famous for it's vineyards and olive groves located in the Tuscan hill area of Italy. We drove along the picturesque SR222, stopping at various scenic lookouts to take photographs. The luscious green hills, teeming with wild trees and undergrowth, stretched on and on, far beyond the horizons that the eyes could not capture. Vineyards and olive groves dotted the hills, with abundant grapes and green olives. Wow, beauty had teamed up with serenity...

Driving through all the countryside really brought a new level of beauty to my attention. Food beauty! It was making me hungrier by the second! Luckily we had booked to go to the best restaurant in town that came highly recommended to us by many people.

We parked in the busy market square of Greve in Chianti and went to the restaurant, Gallo Nero. It was a large restaurant that had a very cosy, family feel. Well, it was a family run business. I ordered a spinach gnocchi with lemon sauce, then the famous Tuscan steak with veggies. Yum yum!

The gnocchi was, mmmmmm.... Divine. Delicious. Devilishly good. The three Ds. All the best food earned the three Ds. This was definitely in that category.

Steak CERTAINLY earned the three Ds. It was one of the best I'd ever had. It just synched perfectly with my mouth. Flavour? Bang on. Well and truly earned the Trinity's Certificate of the Three Ds in Culinary Greatness.

Dessert: Chocolate Cake. It looked almost too good to eat! But, I was hungry, and it looked so deviously divine...

Yup. Definitely deviously divine. It just, oooooooohhhhhh... Melted in my mouth. I LOVED this restaurant.

Our lovely meal sadly came to an end as we went out to explore. We hiked all the way up to the panoramic terrace where there were lots of olive groves and vineyards. I took lots of pictures with my mum. They were really pretty, especially with the smooth green, abundant, olives dotting the leaves.

Finally, we were sitting in our car, heading back to Florence. I dozed off, dreaming of Chianti.


Chianti















My Tuscan lunch - Entrée







My Tuscan lunch - Main








My Tuscan lunch - Dessert








During our hiking in Chianti...












































- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments: