Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: The Devil Wears Prada

Saturday 3 September 2011

The Devil Wears Prada

But I am not the devil...

I walked into Prada and instantly the smell of leather filled my nose.  I looked around at the bags and the various pieces of clothing and I saw them.  I saw the shoes.  There were heaps of them!  Being the shoe-lover I am, you can imagine my glee as I walked over to the shoe section.  There were stilettos and wedges, flats and casual walkers.  I knew the stilettos were way out of my reach, but then I saw the pair.  They were like shiny Converse shoes, except that they were Prada.  They were a metallic dark blue, and they had pristine white laces.  I tried them on and they fit perfectly, like they had been made for me.  I loved them...

The last day in Milan, as we had unanimously voted, would be spent shopping instead of more sightseeing.  We walked to the shopping area of Milan and started exploring.  The shopping area is called Quadrilatero d'Oro or more commonly known as The Golden Quad.  It is a quadrangle of pedestrian streets bordered by Via della Spiga, Via San't Andrea,  Via Monte Napoleone  and Via Alessandro Manzoni.   The quad's bustling streets added to the glamour of the labeled shopfronts like Prada, Gucci, Dolce Gabbana, Versace, Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton etc. etc..

We went into Prada, where, as I described, I had my Prada moment.  It really was an exciting experience for me.  My first pair of Prada...

We walked into store after store, and I loved each one of them.  They had a certain charm to them, a certain attraction. It was subtle things, like the smell of leather, the way each shop displayed their products or the sound of people chattering away in Italian.  The atmosphere of the stores was  just wonderful.  Relaxed with a touch of I-mean-business attitude.  It was great.

After a tiring day of shopping, we had a yummy dinner near The Duomo.  When we got back to the hotel,  I plonked down in my bed, and fell to sleep immediately.


 

1 comment:

  1. Lucky. My mum would never let me go into those sort of shops. Let alone buy something from there.

    ReplyDelete