Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: A detour to Switzerland

Wednesday 7 September 2011

A detour to Switzerland

My dad put our luggage in the car as I said goodbye to Lake Como. I truly would miss it. The engine started and we sped off to Verona.

"Anyone hungry?" my dad asked casually.
"I am!" I replied.
Unexpectedly, mum said with a grin on her face "What about lunch at Mendrisio in Switzerland? Concierge said there's good shopping center there!'
"Why not? It's only less than 15 km from here. " dad responded enthusiastically.

My heartbeat started to raise. We were going to Switzerland. How exciting!! All I could think off was Swiss chocolate!!!

We arrived in Mendrisio and we saw the shopping centre the concierge recommended us. It was a nice building set amongst luscious green hills. We had lunch first at a little restaurant that caught our eyes. I had a veal schnitzel. It tasted exquisite. But what was more divine was the chocolate ice-cream dessert. So chocolaty and so creamy. Simply delicious!

Shopping here we went again. There were just so many stores! We wandered from shop to shop, and by the time we finally finished four hours later, we were drowning in the shopping bags. Literally. I was happy, though. I loved this place. I bought a big bag of swiss chocolate! We must have gone into about a hundred stores, but there were still hundreds to go! Aaah, this was the life.

When we finally crammed all the bags into the boot, we hopped into the car. My dad started the engine and we headed back to Italy. Verona awaited us...

No comments:

Post a Comment