Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: Loopin' round Lucca...

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Loopin' round Lucca...

The breeze whisked my hair around my face as I sped around. This was the environment I loved. Relaxed sport. Cycling was great.

We had rented bikes in the picturesque town of Lucca that looked like it had been pulled out of a movie. We went up to the wall that surrounded the city, that you could ride a bike on, and we had jumped into the scene of a romantic movie from a few years ago. Trees surrounded the path and the dappled sunlight shone through the trees to give it a subtle warmth. The towns on either side of the wall were just so ideallic and perfect. Cobbled roads, 16th century style buildings, a cool breeze, towers and a serene atmosphere. Riding up on this wall was one of the best things I'd ever done.

My skin greedily soaked up the cool air, knowing it wouldn't be getting much as it was only getting hotter through my trip here. The smooth pavement really allowed me to enjoy life, and feel the excitement racing through me. We decided to go down the wall and ride through the city for a while. We really got to feel the vibe of the city through this simple activity. We smelled the coffee, felt the ground, saw the architecture and blended in! We stopped at some iconic picture places before heading back onto the wall to return the bikes and head back to Florence. Aaah, I would miss Lucca..

Sitting in the car, I dozed off, tired but happy. Content, I was. Truly.

1 comment: