Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: Positano

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Positano

Positano was a village on the Amalfi Coast. Colourful houses dotted the rugged cliffs that plunged down into the sea, decorating the cliffs with blues, pinks, greens, yellows, reds, oranges and whites. Foamy waves crashed onto the grey rocks, and boats of all different kinds were scattered across the waters. People were sunbathing on the grey, sandy beaches, enjoying the sun. We checked into our hotel and wandered out.

The shops selling all sorts of beach clothing were filled with people leisurely strolling around, looking for swimsuits or dresses. The sloping streets were filled with tourists and locals, all looking for a relaxing time. The beach had greyish sand, and lots and lots of people were just chilling out in the water or sunbathing on sunchairs. It made me feel very relaxed.

Instead of chilling out on the beach, I decided to skip stones. I now know, sort of, how to do it. It was really fun, even though five sixths of my stones just went plop! into the water. After about 100 attempts at stone skipping I just decided to wade around in the water. The water was really clear and really turquoise. The calmness of the still water was the reason for all the people, including me, that were splashing around in the amazing water. It was also really warm. The rocks tickled my feet and little fishes darted around my legs. I waded in to neck height and could still see the bottom crystal clear. I was so glad that I was experiencing this.

Dinner that night was beautiful. Belissimo! Grilled fish with salad and fries. Mmmmmmm... Well, we were on a seaside village where fish was at the top of the market. It was so smooth, so fresh... Overlooking the beach, the waves rolling up onto the sand, birds crowing in the sky, good food,ahhhh, so nice! I really liked Positano.

Tucking into bed, I shut my eyes and drifted off. The day had been utterly great. I knew I would have 3 beautiful days here.



Driving along Amalfi coast



Panoramic view from our hotel balcony



View from the other side of our hotel balcony



Learning rock skipping from dad



Sand castle making with new found friends



That was a plop!




After '100' attempts at rock skipping, my arm needed a rest.



Restaurant seat with a view



Houses cascading down the hill side



Absentmindedly making sand bombs





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I love your bathers they're so colourful and have a cool design.
    Missing you

    ReplyDelete