Singapore Sling Cocktail Corner La Trin: The Mask

Saturday 10 September 2011

The Mask

Venetians loved masks. The two things that Venice was famous for were, of course, Murano glass and their mysterious looking masks. In the little stalls outside our hotels, the operator sold keychains, glass jewelry, aprons and masks. There were lots of them! Pink, purple, blue and green, red, yellow, black and orange! Glitter and paint, cardboard and wood! I stared at the masks for ages...

San Marco square was beautiful. Just beautiful. There was the Doges's castle, San Marco basilica, the clock tower and the watch tower. Not to mention hundreds of pidgeons. There were also stalls selling the odd trinkets on the cobbled floor too. It looked very nice.

We headed out of the square and began to explore the shopping roads of Venice. You know how I said there were lots of mask stalls? Well, I now saw that there were hundreds and hundreds of mask stores here. I flitted gleefully in and out of them, marveling at the masks that mesmerised me. They looked so charming and delicate! Mmmmmm......

My parents went into a glassware store but I saw a mask store next door that looked much more interesting. While waiting for my parents, I went into the mask store. I experimented with all the masks! By the time that my parents came out to get me, I had glitter all over my face! It had been a lot of fun, though. I'd really enjoyed it.

The Mask I bought!
Photobucket

1 comment: